Dog and Cat Surgery in Canton, MI
Surgery plays an important role in keeping our companion animals healthy. Whether for the purpose of preventing future health problems or treating current ones, our surgical services can offer many benefits for our patients. For example, spay and neuter procedures can reduce the likelihood of certain cancers, while tumor removal can help to eliminate cancer. Our capable veterinary team in Canton follows AAHA guidelines to ensure that these and all other surgeries are as safe and pain-free as possible.
Planning your pet's surgery can be stressful. What are the risks? How long is the recovery? Whatever questions and concerns you have, we will do our best to address them and put you at ease. Call us at (734) 844-8844 today!
Making Surgery Safe for Your Dog and Cat
As an AAHA-accredited hospital, we work hard to maintain a safe and sterile surgery suite complete with individual sterilized surgical packs for every patient. We also have licensed veterinary technicians on staff to monitor pets during their procedure.
Our safety protocols for before, during, and after every surgery include:
- Performing a pre-anesthetic exam (along with possible blood work and/or X-rays) to confirm that your pet is healthy for general anesthesia
- Pre-medicating with pain control and placing an IV catheter for fluid support during the surgery
- An experienced technician monitoring your pet's vitals, including blood pressure, temperature, pulse oximetry, EKG, and oxygen saturation levels
- Using a HotDog warming system to maintain your pet's body temperature
- Monitoring your pet after surgery to ensure that they wake up safely from the anesthesia
- Providing you with a list of instructions to help with your pet's recovery when they are ready to be discharged
Our primary surgical services for cats and dogs include, but are not limited to:
- Routine spaying and neutering
- Tumor removal
- Exploratory surgery
- Foreign body removal
- Bladder stone removal (cystotomy)
- Cruciate ligament repair
Planning Your Dog and Cat's Surgery
We take every possible precaution to minimize safety risks and ensure a complete recovery for all surgery patients. When consulting with us about your pet's surgery, we will need to understand their complete medical history. Furthermore, we want to know about your concerns so we can address them fully and keep you well informed.
You are welcome to call us at any time if you have questions about your pet's procedure or recovery. We are always happy to help! Just give us a call at (734) 844-8844.
Dr. Petty and his Arbor Pointe staff are so very compassionate and extremely professional! I’ve taken my dogs and cats here for years. The clinic is pristinely clean! I very much appreciate their excellent communication and total up to date knowledge for the needs of my fur babies! Highly recommend!
Jake was never a “normal” dog. Everything seemed to hurt or scare him. When my vet suggested I see Dr. Petty, I immediately made an appointment. Despite the hour trip, we have been seeing him ever since. Jake is a much happier boy. Now that Dr. Petty has cared for him, he is living his best life.
When the emergency veterinarian said my cat was going to die, I went to Dr. Petty. After a series of treatments, my cat lived 9 more years. Ever since, I have brought all my pets to Arbor Pointe. Dr. Petty is kind, compassionate, wicked smart, willing to think outside the box, and just a darn good veterinarian.